Logo

Winterize time 800 series

floater1

Regular Contributor
I know its been discussed but I can't find any of the old threads about how to winterize our lower units ('78 800 series in particular). Any how to pics or diagrams is much appreciated!

put it fully down and your done. If you want the you could pull the long hose coming in from the transom and pour a cupfull of anti freeze down the hose and see it come out the prop.

Thanks Chief sadly my boating season is done. The river will be at flood stage by tomm too much junk floating downstream that could wreck a drive and/or hull. How short the boating season is in the great white north.

i go to nov weather permitting, last year early dec. I trailer the boat put the drive down in the lot and then quick drain my block and mani. Drive home and hook up the muffs flush and drain again.

I unhook the hoses cup of antifreeze like i told you a cup into the water pump and a cup into the mani thats it.

I sometimes use the plumbers stuff if my friend gives me a gallon or 2 if not regular anti freeze.

Floater go hunting, it's season here now, but my deer slayer son went off to collage and my younger son the fishing machine has high school football i got no one to go with.

Thats the link I was looking for Hy, thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't see it when I googled it. Chief, I may take up hunting some day but for now my old OMC takes up what little free time I have you know it demands almost as much attention as the girlfriend.........in fact it may be more tempermental than she is............

Back