samuel_rock
New member
"I must say, Mariner is to har
"I must say, Mariner is to hard to deal with!
I was passed down a skiff with a 40hp mariner 4cyl i think its a 1993 year as some one has stamped 1993 on the motor mounting bracket.
the motor has been sitting up for a bit of time we put it in the warter and the high temp alarm went off. I took the foot off and changed pump impeller removed the exaust/water jacket cover and cleand water jackets and carbon out of the exaust system. and ran my borascope into the spark plug holes.
when i went to pick up the gaskets and what nots from the dealer i gave them the serial number and asked what year and model the motor was. the dealer told me it could be any thing from 1990 to 1995 and it has no model number. i asked for a merc service manual and was give a line of BS about not being able to find the part number for one..
I would like to get a service manual with a parts brake down (with part numbers) so that if i need parts i can find them.. its kinda hard to search for parts with a serial number that is different on every motor.
the motor is a mariner 40 magnum serial number 0D250480
any info anyone can give me on the motor or how to search for parts online would be a big help.
Thanks Sam"
"I must say, Mariner is to hard to deal with!
I was passed down a skiff with a 40hp mariner 4cyl i think its a 1993 year as some one has stamped 1993 on the motor mounting bracket.
the motor has been sitting up for a bit of time we put it in the warter and the high temp alarm went off. I took the foot off and changed pump impeller removed the exaust/water jacket cover and cleand water jackets and carbon out of the exaust system. and ran my borascope into the spark plug holes.
when i went to pick up the gaskets and what nots from the dealer i gave them the serial number and asked what year and model the motor was. the dealer told me it could be any thing from 1990 to 1995 and it has no model number. i asked for a merc service manual and was give a line of BS about not being able to find the part number for one..
I would like to get a service manual with a parts brake down (with part numbers) so that if i need parts i can find them.. its kinda hard to search for parts with a serial number that is different on every motor.
the motor is a mariner 40 magnum serial number 0D250480
any info anyone can give me on the motor or how to search for parts online would be a big help.
Thanks Sam"

