Logo

Where to Find Replacement Carb Seat?

Hey fellas, I've got a Walbro WMA 6-3 carb (part# 6517A64) with a seat that has nicks and won't seal. I've tried everything with it disassembled, but it just won't shut off the fuel no matter what. The seat is pressed in from the factory and I'm needing yall's help in locating one. Do they (or anyone else) make a replacement seat? I can get the old one out and replace it if I can get my hands on a new one.

I've found a couple of replacement carbs online that are pretty pricey. Anyone know of other spots to try and look for a carb? Thanks in advance for the help!

I just wanted to post a follow-up to this thread b/c I know that step can sometimes be forgotten. Long story short, I bit the bullet and bought a used carb body for my lower one and cleaned it really good. The motor has never run better! No misses, surging, or loss of rpm. I actually gained 4 mph in speed and my rpm also went up to within the acceptable range as it should be. I really appreciate all the help from everyone on here and sometimes I suppose we just have to go step by step until we get our issue resolved. Slow down...think it through...and use your gut. That helped me out tons. Can't wait to get it out on the water in the spring. Happy & safe boating everyone!

Back