Logo

Where can I get new 12gal Gas Cans

jw1990montauk

New member
"I need some new 12gal gas can

"I need some new 12gal gas cans to replace the old metal ones under my seat on my 17' Boston Whaler. I found some at Wal-mart but the gas fittings and fill cap are in the middle of the can, under my seat that makes it hard to get to. Does anyone know where I can get some plastic cans with the Cap and Fittings on one end? My ole metal ones are 12gal and fit just snug under the seat. Thanks"
 
"i know cabelas has them, in a

"i know cabelas has them, in all different shapes and sizes, and maybe here.

those lil guys are outrageously priced...the ones at walmart are around $50 the permanent ones are around $120.........last time i checked.

whats wrong with the old ones?....rust?

you can put some carb cleaner and some bb's in there and shake and shake and shake until the bb's knock off all the rust."
 
"do a search on the web....man

"do a search on the web....many fuel tank makers,and many fuel tank configurations."
 
"Thanks for all the info. Yes,

"Thanks for all the info. Yes, the old ones have rust, they sat with about a 1/4 tank of gas for about 10 - 12yrs. Thought I had already cleaned them but... Wal-marts price is by far the best I have found, $100 for two not bad, that is what fits under my seat."
 
Back
Top