Logo

Whatbs the closess replacement to volvopenta 4 cyl BB 70 and AQ 100 i can replace with

drummin

New member
"Hi all, just took out my 4 cy

"Hi all, just took out my 4 cyl BB 70 and AQ 100 outdrive, what is the closes's volvo or what ever? including outdrive i can replace it with without a whole lot of work? was thinking of getting a outboard braket and putting on a 90 h/p mercury, but that's a hassle too.The Braket are very expencive...can anyone help?

Thanks,

Doyle"
 
"Doyle, we have already discus

"Doyle, we have already discussed two options:

1) Buying and installing a complete used AQ package (AQ125, AQ131 or AQ151) including bellhousing, transom shield and outdrive, then repower your boat. These AQ packages come with a 280 (or 270, 275, 290) leg.

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12487/149255.shtml


The second option was installing a Mercruiser package, but you would need a not-so-cheap transom adaptor plate.

In my opinion, you have a very old boat with an old engine and outdrive for which parts are not so easily available. Unless you really want to keep the hull for whatever reason, I think it may be cheaper to get another boat with a more current power plant."
 
"Thanks for the Reply,

If a


"Thanks for the Reply,

If anyone out there need's "new" parts from Zenith Carbs, new prop, to water pump, i have them for sale, Have pics and receipts. Only asking for what i paid for them....let me know what you need for your BB 70 or AQ 100 outdrive,

Thanks,

Doyle..........530-367-3314"
 
"Doyle,

I agree w/ El, but.


"Doyle,

I agree w/ El, but....I also took on a project similar to this some time back. An old Hercule's engine w/ a paragon tranny on an old Chris-Craft. In order to get one gooe enging/trans combination, I ended up buying a second set of old running gear...and took both sets apart, and just used the best of both to make one 'good' setup. Actually, I think my rebuild at the time ended up about as good as could be hoped for, even with 'new' parts vs. good 'used' parts. But, I managed to get the rings to seat properly with some gentile burnishing to the cylinder walls, and my bearings and seals were all holding up when I sold the boat some 10 years later. So, if you really LOVE that old hull.....maybe you can find some old boat with good running gear, buy it, then do some swapping around until you eventually make a reliable package. Good luck, TSD"
 
Back
Top