Logo

What year Honda 99hp is this

gcban

"Recently purchased a 21ft Tro

"Recently purchased a 21ft Trophy with a Honda 9.9 kicker on it. Wont idle without choke out a little bit so I think it is time to rebuild carb. Dont know which rebuild kit to order because I cant figure out what year it is. Plate on engine has no markings or lettering that I can see. Picture attached. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

Gerry

217657.jpg
What year Honda 9.9hp is this???

"Just-In-Time,

I have looke

"Just-In-Time,

I have looked high and low around this thing and just havent been able to locate a serial or model number. As you can see in the picture the manufacturers ID plate on the side was painted over and I used some wd-40 to remove the paint from it, but there are no numbers on it. If you have a general idea of where I should look on the block I am open. Perhaps I might have to take some of the lower casing or ? off to get to it. Thanks!

Gerry"

"Just-In-Time

Well spent th

"Just-In-Time

Well spent the whole day Sunday doing maintenance on my Trophy and actually found the model number. Looks like it is BABL-1000487. Number was hidden behind rectifier and very hard to see even when I knew I had found it, it was hard to decipher. Looked at Hondas site and was able to figure out the parts I need but still don't know what year it is. The Honda site just said it was pre-1997 model. Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

Gerry"

"Just-In-Time,

I just wante

"Just-In-Time,

I just wanted to get back to you and say thanks again for all your help and guidance for helping someone new to this forum. Ended up buying a new carb (old one pretty ragged) put an actual thermostat in the engine (previous owner had completely removed it), and changed the oil (had gas in it from engine not warming up properly). Put it in the water this past weekend and after two pulls it fired right up, idles and runs like a well oiled machine and no more having to apply partial choke to keep it running at idle!

Thanks again!

Gerry"

Back