Logo

WHAT HAVE I DONE

ejbtech1

Regular Contributor
"I installed my mechanical fue

"I installed my mechanical fuel pump this morning. AQ120B. Put it on and all was ok. Hooked the line up from the filter, and the line to the carb was left open to make sure it pumped.
The first crank, and I heard a "crack"..... Kept cranking on it and never got fuel. Pulled the pump back out, and the finger was broken!!!!! I made sure the pump went in correctly. Is it a defective issue, or am I at fault? I need input, cause I don't think I installed it wrong. If anyone has had the same happen, let me know.
Meanwhile, back to the old electric pump til after the holiday weekend."

"Before you install a mechanic

"Before you install a mechanical fuel pump you should first lubricate the pump's arm, then check that the cam lobe is facing away from the pump, then install the pump. If you didn't install the pump that way, the typical end result is the one you got."

"I did that.....I made sure th

"I did that.....I made sure the eccentric was down, and the lobe was at the flattest point...... Lubed the arm, and installed it. Then "SNAP"....What next? Will they warrantee it?"

"Don't know what the selle

"Don't know what the seller may say or do, but I never heard of one of those pumps failing if it was installed correctly. Of course, there is always a first time for everything. Also, in addition to two gaskets (part 9) your pump needs a spacer (part 10). Did you install it? If not, you can kiss goodbye to the pump.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/FUEL_SYSTEM_AQ120B/dm/cart_id.657400424--category _id.333010--list_time.1211758784--session_id.114017253--store_id.366--view_id.32 5818"

NO!!!!! I did not know about t

NO!!!!! I did not know about the spacer. I see it now. That's great!!!! I just threw my money away!!!! Looks like I will have to invest in another pump. This time with a spacer! Thanks for pointing this out El!!! That's what went wrong.
BUMMER!

Back