Crazyeddie65
New member
Greetings,
Last summer, my 1971 Mercury 800 4cyl outboard seized up while underway. I have the opportunity to obtain a 1969 Mercury 1000 6cyl outboard. Can anyone tell me the difference in weight of these two motors?
My boat is a 69 Glastron Jetflight 143 that I has been restored. I only take it out when it is not very rough on the lake. It only did 39 mph with the 800, according to the speedo app on my phone. I was hoping for a little more top end. However, I do not want to damage the boat Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ed
Last summer, my 1971 Mercury 800 4cyl outboard seized up while underway. I have the opportunity to obtain a 1969 Mercury 1000 6cyl outboard. Can anyone tell me the difference in weight of these two motors?
My boat is a 69 Glastron Jetflight 143 that I has been restored. I only take it out when it is not very rough on the lake. It only did 39 mph with the 800, according to the speedo app on my phone. I was hoping for a little more top end. However, I do not want to damage the boat Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

