Logo

Weatherproof Fabric Adhesive?

pwskicat

Regular Contributor
I want to patch an acrylic boat cover with some leftover fabric the canvas shop gave me when they built it. The boat is at my dock from now until Oct. 1, exposed to sun, wind and rain the entire time. Looking for an adhesive that will stand up to those conditions. Pls don't refer me back to the canvas shop. They will tell me to buy a new cover, and that's not in the budget right now. Many thanks for your help.

I think the best method is to have the patch sewn on...that said, one of the guys in our marina used one of the Tear-Aid tapes to patch a gaff hole in his bimini top last year...From what I remember, it is available in two types and he used the wrong one the first time...

I've gone with Gorilla Glue to patch the hole on both the inside and outside of the cover, clamping everything together and curing overnight. We'll see how well my idea works out after 4 months of 24/7 exposure.

After 4 months of 24/7 exposure Patching the cover using extra fabric leftover from the canvas shop build held in place by Gorilla Glue proved to be an excellent solution.

Back