Logo

water pump problem?

brim_buster

Regular Contributor
I have a 1975 Evin and it came on a boat I recently purchased. Well of course I did the same thing as always and check gear oil and water pump ( impeller ) and plugs. Everything looked fine. So I re-assembled and put in tub of water to run. Well it runs like a top but no water circulation.:mad: So I removed the thermostat housing and it was dry. Took my air hose and blew into the ports and had bubbles in my tub of water then fired it up ( with the housing cover off ) and put it in gear and the water started into the housing. Great I thought, and re-installed the housing cover. No thermostat in the housing by the way. Fired it up and nothing. no circulation.:mad: Did the same thing with air hose and put in gear and had circulation. Re- installed and fired it up again and NOTHING.... Any ideas why this is happening? Thanx in advance for any help with this problem:D

6504 R and I think I found the problem. It starts working once I kick the rpms up past start. Got a new pump impellor for a spare think I might put it in and see what it does. But once I turned the tiller handle a little it started working:eek:

Back