Logo

Water in valve cover hoses to carb

budrey3

New member
"I have a 1994 454 crusader an

"I have a 1994 454 crusader and when i changed oil it was milky. did a compression check and compression was good. took flame arresstor off carb and it had a lot of water in arrestor when i shook it. when i run engine ,water drips from hoses from valve covers. any suggestions?"
 
"Bud, Your story is the EXACT

"Bud, Your story is the EXACT, IDENTICAL, WORD for WORD issue I started with last year. My problem was a bad set of exhaust elbows allowing coolant and water to get back into the head and eventually dominoed into a fiasco. Essentially a top end re-build. Valve job, head gaskets and new manfolds.

When I say IDENTICAL...your story is exactly how it started. We also had an occasion drop in oil pressure from the glycol in the coolant heating up , turning into a coagulated glop and clogging the oil filter and dropping the pressure.

I don't know if your problem will end up like mine......good luck"
 
"Bud did you notice when you r

"Bud did you notice when you released the pressure on the compression testing fitting that went into the spark plug hole if any vapor or water came out. If water is leaking into the cylinders as Al said above the compression may appear normal, it actually may even be higher than normal since water does not compress well.

I would not run that engine until I determined the source, you could end up doing severe damage to it.

Hopefully this link will work, this is a service bulletin from Mercruiser to their mechanics describing water intrusion. Even though its mercruiser the same principles will apply...

http://www.hellzhoundz.net/waterintrusion.pdf"
 
thank you for the info al and

thank you for the info al and tim. Ithink the best thing to do is take it to the mechanic. I did have a problem with rain water leaking in and water laying on top of engine but i corrected that and still have a little water dripping from valve cover hoses.
 
Back
Top