Logo

WATER IN FUEL 2005 40 hp

ozzie

"I have a problem with a 40hp 2005 Yammie, I noticed a noise in it and returned it to the dealer for a warranty claim. He inspected it and said it had dropped a cylinder, number 2. He removed all carbies and found a small trace of water in the fuel. Like there mat have been 1 or 2 drops. He is blaming that for the dropped cylinder.
As I have only just purchased this motor and noticed the noise on the first trip, I'm presuming that the cylinder wasn't operating from the start"

"Just- in -Time
So your sayin

"Just- in -Time
So your saying, what the are proposing is all BS.
I'd imagine to blow a head gasket that you
would want a considerable amount of water to do that damage.
I thought it suspect I phoned the dealer and he said that he would need to replace the power head, I thought that a bit odd, saying that without inspecting or listening to the motor running. It was also strange I reversed the boat into the yard the mechanic turned up with a plug spanner and a camera, he checked all cylinders. He never said anything and when to get a few spanners and started to remove the carbies. This is when I asked did he have any ideas what the problem was and he then said about the 2nd cylinder. he proceeded to pull the 3 carbies apart and found the small trace of water. And you know the rest.
Wouldn't you want to listen to the motor before you started dismatling it.
I figure they've tried to take me a for a ride.
thanks for your help
Cheers
paul"

Get another mechanic do inspec

Get another mechanic do inspect it. They are either genius mechanics being able to diagnosis without running it or they are cons. A compression or leak down test is the first step before assuming the powerhead is shot. Followed by removing the head.

Back