Logo

Water Impeller Pump

los5355

Im wondering where the water i

Im wondering where the water impeller pump is located and is it hard to change it myself its a 1972 Wards Sea King it has a 35hp engine. Its not spitting any water out of it so I figure its not sucking it either any help would be great.}}

"You didn't post the model

"You didn't post the model, but suspect you have a Chrylser built motor. And while not familiar with them, not every motor "spits" water - did it ever?

In any event, the waterpump is in the lower unit at the base of the driveshaft where the shaft goes into the gear case. Not a difficult job but every motor has it's own quirks. You need to determine "who" built the motor for Wards and then at the very least, grab a workshop manual for that mfg..."

I dont really know much about

I dont really know much about motors but theres a hole where the water is supposed to spit out and on the cylinders theres a clear hose and nothing is flowing through it. The motor cover says wards sea king and but the throttle says chrysler. It was from montgomery wards so I have no clue.

"It sounds like it has a "

"It sounds like it has a "tell-tale" from what you describe.

No water from the tell tale could be the result of a few things including, bad impeler, bad waterpump seals, clogged or damaged water-tube, bad thermostat, clogged waterjacket, clogged tell-tale and a number of other issues that don't immediately come to mind.

As previously stated, time to grab a manual and wrench and start troubleshooting...."

Back