Logo

Warm weather thermostat necessary

gone_postal

Regular Contributor
"When my motor was rebuilt, th

"When my motor was rebuilt, the mechanic told me he removed the thermostats b/c they're not necessary here in FL - the motor will become warm enough quick enough that it won't matter. I'm getting ready to order some other parts that I need though for my stator replacement and am just curious whether it's worthwhile to just add two thermostats to my cart or not? Are there any benefits I might see? Also, if I decide to do so, do I order just the thermostat assembly (0435491) or do I have to order the spring (0338174) too? I'm not sure if they're included in the "assembly"..."

"put the thermos back in they

"put the thermos back in they do more than you think,get the kit should come with the poppits/2 thermos/gaskets"

The parts lists suggest that #

The parts lists suggest that #435491 is the themostat and that the spring is a separate item #338174

I expect to order both. (times two presumably)

"In 'warm' weather, I

"In 'warm' weather, I would stay with the 'old' springs! They loose a bit of tension over the years which may be an advantage. That makes them open a bit earlier with less risk of overheating, particularly during acceleration, but still keeps closed at lower RPM when You need the function of the thermostats."

Back