Logo

Vp130c

walster

Contributing Member
"will changeing my oil with du

"will changeing my oil with dura lube engine treatment help at my next oil change moter seems to be running on the warm side of the gauge there are no numbers only green and red indacaters? it runs great at idle speed,but when i rev it up to plane the gauge reads almost in the red area of the gauge? please help,"

Modern oils have a precise add

Modern oils have a precise additive package built in that can be hindered by adding another additive to the mix. Stay away from gimmick oil additives. They can do more harm than good. I suspect that the impeller in your water pump needs changing.

well she is old 1975 I had the

well she is old 1975 I had the cracked head repaired..ouch..impeller is new hose is new on the out drive as is the O ring did the leak test on outdrive from strainer back no leaks at all.I have yet to retorc the head as it only has 2 hours so far since fixen I was thinking about changeing the oil after retorc 20 hrs. good news is no water in the oil after running it for 2 hrs...thanks for your help I just thought what harm can it do?

"You may have a manifold or el

"You may have a manifold or elbow starting to plug up on you. If you can't get the hot water out, the cold can't get in. You may want to pull the front cap and rear elbow and have a look see. The one 130 exhaust is a straight thru deal and you can rod them out. I'm guessing the elbow though!!"

"Doc thanks for your reply, I

"Doc thanks for your reply, I changed the rubber exhaust hose below the elbow had it off then all was clear as is egaust manafold can see no build up of any kind. This boat has never seen salt water only fresh water. What do you mean when you say...rod them out?"

"Check this photo:

Jeff

"Check this photo:

Jeff

87139.jpg
Cleaning a riser

"Wow! I have nothing like that

"Wow! I have nothing like that I will ask my kid to help with some pics to post,the elbow in your pic is not the same as mine. what harm if any can happen if i do an oil change useing dura lube? the elbow on my 130c as well as the manafold is I swear as clean on the outside as it is on the inside almost new looking...pics to follow thanks to all."

"fast jeff here are some pics

"fast jeff here are some pics of mywork in progress...I hope I dont run out of cash before I am done thanks again 4yer help!!!
87171.jpg
boat pics"">
87172.jpg
87173.jpg
87174.jpg
87175.jpg
87176.jpg
87177.jpg
87178.jpg
87179.jpg
87180.jpg
87181.jpg
87182.jpg
as you can see its in reasonably good shape...thanks walt"

Thanks for the pics Walter. I

Thanks for the pics Walter. I've always wondered if I can pull that plate on the front of the exhaust manifold on my AQ130C to check the manifold's condition. Is there a gasket underneath the plate that might need replacing if I were to pull the plate? If not I wonder how it keeps from leaking?

"Bob I think so mine had one y

"Bob I think so mine had one you can still buy them, be glad you dont have to deal with the vp dealer in my neck of the woods, he wanted 160 for a bellows hose,(egaust)El Pescador showed me a sight on the web same hose...59 bucks plus shipping.anyway I did not order it yet i will try a bike patch on the inside of the frigen thing before I give that crook 160.By the way the end cap I made my self.Could not bring myself to ask him how much he would want for one of those. What year is your 130c?"

Bob I have ordered 2 books one

Bob I have ordered 2 books one will have the part number for that gaskit I will have to get back to you...

Back