Logo

Volvo penta 57 knocking loss of power

jackieb30

New member
"I know this all sounds bad, b

"I know this all sounds bad, but i need to know what might be wrong. We were out this weekend and had a load on the boat, it had been running fine, all the sudden it just loss all power, and started knocking. This was just installed in nov 07 and engine came from powersource. When you take the #7 wire off it makes the knocking totally shut up, but you still have no power. Any suggestions as to what might have went wrong. And yes, it is full of oil and still holding same oil pressure. No rise in temp."
 
"I would advise a compression

"I would advise a compression test on No. 7. The probem is obviously within that cylinder, valve problem or maybe a damaged piston. The power loss will more than likely be the #7 cylinder not firing.
Any warranty on the engine???"
 
Back
Top