basilforty
New member
"Hi,my father and I are very n
"Hi,my father and I are very new to boat owning and have bought a 24 foot wilson flyer dory for fishing etc,however we have been told that the combination we have is not original as a 125a would not be coupled to a 290 leg.The leg ratio is 2.15 and the prop is 14x18.Is there anything we can do to improve top speed as we are stuck at around 12 knots max and the engine is now running well?"
"Hi,my father and I are very new to boat owning and have bought a 24 foot wilson flyer dory for fishing etc,however we have been told that the combination we have is not original as a 125a would not be coupled to a 290 leg.The leg ratio is 2.15 and the prop is 14x18.Is there anything we can do to improve top speed as we are stuck at around 12 knots max and the engine is now running well?"

