Logo

Volvo 1971 AQ130C

Tom2

hello, I'm new to working on my Volvo engine in a 1971 Glastron boat. I've taken it apart, the head is cracked in several places that the machine shop said cannot be welded. Does anyone know what other heads would fit this? Mine is an AQ130C, B20 engine. Would an AQ130D fit it? How about a head off of a car? Any suggestions will be most helpful, thanks!

Hi Tom,
The head form a 130D will certainly fit. An automitive B20 head will also fit but ther are some differences. If the automotive has fuel injection, you can fill the injector holes with a cap screw. The marine version has double valve springs and a slightly larger recess machined into the spring seating area. You can stick with the automotive springs or have someone machine the valve spring seating surface.

I'd start asking around at boat repair yards, dealers, and even Craigslist to see if you can find something local. They show up on ebay once in awhile but from the asking price, those must be the ones that are filled with gold!

hi, i also had the same problem, i managed to find a head off a b18 block(dont know what engine it was) and it fitted and works like a dream

Back