Logo

Vent on Fuel Pump

penn_yan_lover

"I bought replacement fuel pum

"I bought replacement fuel pump from Sierra (part# 18-7254)for my 318LM. The new pump has a vent on it, do I need to do anything with it or run a hose to the flame arrestor or what?
Thanks guys!"

"Run a hose to the flame arres

"Run a hose to the flame arrestor. I poked a hole in the stainless mess right under the top lid and secured it with a clamp with a small aircraft nut and bolt,then stuck the hose on. I wanted any gas to make it inside the carb if the fuel pump ever fails."

"Carl,

The vent line was re

"Carl,

The vent line was required by the coasties starting in 75 or 76. For a number of years we were able to get pumps w/o the new vent line, but that supply has dried up. Now the only choice is to go with a newer style vented pump, which is safer for you and your crew anyways.
Pick up some Tygon line and run it from the pump up to the flame arrestor. you will need to install a barb into it for the line. If you don't feel comfortable doing it we do sell flame arrestors and the tygon line on our site. www.hurrikain.com just need to know if you need a 4 or 5 inch throat on the flame arrestor. Personally I would keep the stainless one and install the barb, save your money for a day on the water!

Hope this helps.

Dave"

"Thanks guys...
The flame arr

"Thanks guys...
The flame arrestor on the boat has a barb on it already, I never needed it with the old pump. Sounds like I just need the tygon line. Great info as always."

Yeah call any of your local ma

Yeah call any of your local marina's they should have it in stock. Just measure what you need but I think 3' will be more than enough. it will be under 10 dollars for 3'

Dave

Back