Logo

Valve question

walster

Contributing Member
"Bare in mind I am new to boat

"Bare in mind I am new to boating,I have now retorqued the head and now want to readjust valves.My question is do they line up with the ports or is there an easy way to tell wich valve is intake and wich is exgaust?I dont yet own the clymer book abd with the head up side down I need to know how to tell wich is wich..Thanks Walt"

yes. pretty much line up with

yes. pretty much line up with ports. would help if you mentioned what engine you are working on

"Sory its a V/P 130c The owner

"Sory its a V/P 130c The owners manual says to set valves so .020 will fit and .o22 will not I was told to set intake to .20 and exgaust to .022 dose this mean I should allow the .022 to fit? Is it better to have it on the high side for the exgaust? I read your post you indeed have a very nice boat.If you that flap can you trace it on paper and e mail it to me, mine is also missing and I would like to make one..Thanks Walt"

Set the intakes at .020 and th

Set the intakes at .020 and the exhaust at .022. This lets the exhaust valve cool just a little longer setting in the seat.

"Thanks Boat Doc I will do tha

"Thanks Boat Doc I will do that today,I checked all 4 cyl for compresshion all were equal 125psi each.Should of seen the look on the wife,s face when I told her I have to buy a crows foot to fix the boat with...I,m still laughing.Soon I will be looking for advice on a fuel problem I have seems to empty the carbs of fuel then dies and is real hard to start.But first I have to finish the head and moter mounts.Thanks again Walt
."

Back