Logo

Twin Mercruiser 165's and Drives Complete For Sale

BradleyD

New member
I've lurked and researched here for a while but never posted. If I'm breaking any rules by posting a for sale ad then I apologize and can delete. But listed these locally but not much interest with I/O's not being too common along the gulf coast.

Twin 165 Mercruisers from a 25 Bertram. Going to outboards so these and everything with them needs to go. Wanting to sell everything together...engines, drives, controls, steering, etc. They have been removed and currently sitting inside a garage. The engines are not original but not sure when they were installed and hours unknown. One drive is still original as far as I know and the other had been replaced with an SEI 106. I took a video of them running along with oil pressure and compression before pulling them.


The good, engines have good oil pressure and even compression. Started right up. Lots of little things replaced in the past couple years such as solenoids, coolant hoses, etc. New exhaust manifolds and risers last winter. I have a fair amount of misc spare parts, gaskets, and tools for working on the drives. Overall corrosion is not bad with some on the port engine and touched on below. The steering helm and cable is about 4 years old. Trim system works. All controls in good working order.

The bad, the port engine has three cracks in the water side of the block. I knew of one that had a crappy looking weld repair that had been made and was going to properly repair it with the manifold off earlier this year, but found two more behind the manifold. One is horizontal and about 1/2in from the top of the block and was going to grind out and weld repair but was afraid of warping the top. Knowing I was going to outboards after the summer it got patched with JB weld and used it as is. There was still a weeping leak and that side of the motor has more corrosion than the rest, but not excessive IMO. Also, one of the transom plates is broken. Did not even realize it until I pulled the drives.

.

Asking $2,50 OBO for everything. Not particularly looking to separate it but may consider if needed. They are located in Robertsdale, AL and can load with a set of forks. Thanks for looking and if any other info is needed please let me know.
 

Attachments

  • 20241229_140847_040fda2b1558cee81b3dc664c0e463989e2b76a9.jpg
    20241229_140847_040fda2b1558cee81b3dc664c0e463989e2b76a9.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20241229_140830_b33c98f80d38a3028062125595834e68b84022c0.jpg
    20241229_140830_b33c98f80d38a3028062125595834e68b84022c0.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 53
  • 20241229_140822_2935442f678d477abb11fcebe3e43051715d3e2d.jpg
    20241229_140822_2935442f678d477abb11fcebe3e43051715d3e2d.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20241229_140934_2f218205d220b2333e334a8e072409c7fb8ab0eb.jpg
    20241229_140934_2f218205d220b2333e334a8e072409c7fb8ab0eb.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 51
  • 20241229_140938_880420aad1f8b1a19548df6d6d38e36037a05efd.jpg
    20241229_140938_880420aad1f8b1a19548df6d6d38e36037a05efd.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20241229_140957_dddb7594952b230dab230c881990ff3faaf313cf.jpg
    20241229_140957_dddb7594952b230dab230c881990ff3faaf313cf.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 20241229_141000_b963fdddd26247d49d9550b7c57226103c5f36e4.jpg
    20241229_141000_b963fdddd26247d49d9550b7c57226103c5f36e4.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20240825_140445_6a72d5acfb94d7dddfde46389f4f4706ce724f77.jpg
    20240825_140445_6a72d5acfb94d7dddfde46389f4f4706ce724f77.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20240825_140507_0f2ab61103b920f3c2aed070c2a070c7f648f469.jpg
    20240825_140507_0f2ab61103b920f3c2aed070c2a070c7f648f469.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240825_140318_f5b13d1687ca7d0358c08a62158b3677f5f6c9b0.jpg
    20240825_140318_f5b13d1687ca7d0358c08a62158b3677f5f6c9b0.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top