Logo

transom leak Volvo Penta 5.7 with DP-s dual prop outdrives year 2005

vegan

New member
My Port engine is leaking water into the bilge via the hole / tunnel in the transom where the steering cables, etc, go into the outdrive. It doesn't leak when a the dock, or if the engine is running in idle or in gear (forward or reverse). It only seems to leak 'after' I shut the engine off. It's a constant drip out that hole / tunnel, then it slowly decreases until it stops completely. I'm at a loss as to what it is. I have both billows replaced but it still leaks. It doesn't appear to be leaking for the 'transom seal' only thru the tunnel to the outdrive. Thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice given....
 
Had the same issue several years ago, I got water in the bilge when I had people on the boat standing at the back of the boat.Water was leaking from the Transom shield steering arm (14) Replaced seals (19 & 20) and cap seal
 

Attachments

  • dps.jpg
    dps.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 729
  • driver safety.pdf
    468.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Back
Top