" Hi,
Winterize
" Hi,
Winterized the boat yesterday; when I was done I took out the repair manual, and started taking resistance readings. The first thing I did (by the manual) was to disconnect the two yellow terminals at the rectifier.
I forget the wire colors on the first two readings I took, but they were off by a little, and ohm or so. The next measure I took was from the red wire coming out of the stator to the power head ground. In the manual I have it says at R x 1, the reading should be 125-175, and what is showing is 2 . I'm checking out my multi-meter to be sure it's correct, can you verify that my manual (seloc) is showing me the correct measurement for this motor?
The problem I'm trying to diagnose (and fix) is that the RPM's would occasionally (once every 10+ hours) drop, and then come back after the motor was immeadiatly shut down and re-started. 10 postings down or so there is one that you responded to about this.
In the event that the manual (and my multi-meter) is correct, I'm going to have to replace the stator. Will I be able to get away without making timing adjustments?
Thanks,
Jon "
Winterize
" Hi,
Winterized the boat yesterday; when I was done I took out the repair manual, and started taking resistance readings. The first thing I did (by the manual) was to disconnect the two yellow terminals at the rectifier.
I forget the wire colors on the first two readings I took, but they were off by a little, and ohm or so. The next measure I took was from the red wire coming out of the stator to the power head ground. In the manual I have it says at R x 1, the reading should be 125-175, and what is showing is 2 . I'm checking out my multi-meter to be sure it's correct, can you verify that my manual (seloc) is showing me the correct measurement for this motor?
The problem I'm trying to diagnose (and fix) is that the RPM's would occasionally (once every 10+ hours) drop, and then come back after the motor was immeadiatly shut down and re-started. 10 postings down or so there is one that you responded to about this.
In the event that the manual (and my multi-meter) is correct, I'm going to have to replace the stator. Will I be able to get away without making timing adjustments?
Thanks,
Jon "

