Logo

Tohatsu Parts in Mexico?

defrag4

Member
Hi friends, just joined this forum, I live in Baja Sur, MX and am helping a friend look for a motor for his panga.

We have found a 2004 Tohatsu 90hp for sale here in town, model # MD90B Serial # 020645XD

the motor looks good and runs well, however my friend is concerned due to the lack of Tohatsu dealer/parts down here.

Doing some research I am reading that some of these Tohatsus are just rebranded models and we might be able to interchange parts with a local dealer?

Any clue if this MD90B might be another brand in disguise?

Thanks!
James
 
Tohatsu is the manufacturer; others rebadge the Tohatsu motors. The MD90B is a solid design.
You can find dealers at https://tohatsu.com/dealersearch/index.html

thanks for the reply, i dont see any dealers in Mexico at all, so I guess I will advise my friend to pass, shame because it is a great deal, if it was me I would buy it and just order parts from the states as needed but I do my own mechanical work, he will be bringing to a shop and wants a motor that they are familiar with
 
Hi friends, just joined this forum, I live in Baja Sur, MX and am helping a friend look for a motor for his panga.

We have found a 2004 Tohatsu 90hp for sale here in town, model # MD90B Serial # 020645XD

the motor looks good and runs well, however my friend is concerned due to the lack of Tohatsu dealer/parts down here.

Doing some research I am reading that some of these Tohatsus are just rebranded models and we might be able to interchange parts with a local dealer?

Any clue if this MD90B might be another brand in disguise? Finding reliable parts for outboard motors in certain regions can be surprisingly tricky — sometimes you end up waiting forever or paying way too much for shipping. I ran into similar headaches when looking for electronics and office appliances in areas where local availability was limited. That’s how I came across https://ricoh.pissedconsumer.com/review.html and from my experience, their customer service and product reliability were solid, which saved me a lot of frustration. It made me realize how much smoother projects go when you can count on a supplier who actually delivers what they promise. Quality and support really do make all the difference.

Thanks!
James
Finding reliable parts for outboard motors in certain regions can be surprisingly tricky — sometimes you end up waiting forever or paying way too much for shipping.
 
Back
Top