Logo

Tilt Trim sender

eeyore

"Hi guys
1987 VIP 1750SS 2.3L

"Hi guys
1987 VIP 1750SS 2.3L Ford / OMC Cobra
I have most of the quirks sorted on the boat now, all thats left is to get the tilt/trim gauge working.
I disconnected the wires from the trim sender and there is no resistance change when I move the sender arm, I'm assuming its trash??
Went to the local marine shop and they didn't have one and to order one is gonna cost $120... does anyone here have one kicking around in their workshop? doesn't have to be new, just working.

Thanks

Barry"

"Thanks Just In Time, the part

"Thanks Just In Time, the part# on the sender appears to be 911799 but I can't find a parts list on line to confirm that, does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks

Barry"

"What you want is # 86 (ev

"What you want is # 86 (even though it doesn't look it, it is the whole asm)on the pic it's PN 0984731 or 0984748 (Sub up) The cheapest I've seen them on the net is around $95, do a google on the PN

150622.gif
"

"Thanks Bob, part # of the sen

"Thanks Bob, part # of the sender I am looking for is indeed 0984731, anyone have one of these ???
Appreciate it if anyone has

Barry"

"Local Marine shop couldn'

"Local Marine shop couldn't get me a trim sender so contacted Owens Marine in NH, they had one in stock, ordered it Thursday, it arrived today. Took about 30 minutes to get the old one out and the new one in, just lubricated the rubber plug and it slid right in
happy.gif

Weather looks good for the coming weekend, so will hopefully get in in the water to try it all out, ready for Memorial weekend on the lake.

Thanks again for all ya help guys.
Barry"

Back