Logo

tilt problem

tonym

Contributing Member
I posted an article a while back regarding my tilt on my 86 evinrude not staying up with no replies.
attachment.php
Motor goes up ok but slowly goes back down. is any body familiar or seen this tilt or has any info_OR a diagram of the parts . or where I might be able to obtain a body gasket and parts IM not game to open it up without a new gasket . This tilt has one cylinder and is mounted on the right hand side of the motor any info is appreciated . It has Talon ind. written on casting Thanking you all Tony

do you know the part number or a link to look it up? I have two pr three of these in bottom of my drum for OMC widows and orphans. With a gasket set they would be rebuildable instead of scrap metal.

TIA, richard

Last edited:
Post # 2 says that the gasket kit and # is found right here on ------marineengine.com---Very easy to look up with just a few clicks.

hi again I looked up on marineengine.com and typed in engine model no (E40elcde)and all that came up was trim and tilt) and (Tilt aid cylinder) on the spare parts list which is completely different to mine cause mine has only cylinder any other suggestion

Back