Logo

Throttle / Shifter Handle

Sam110

Regular Contributor
I have what I believe is a 77 Series OMC Control Box w/remote trim on my 85 Sylvan with an 85 Evinrude 90. The handle is cracked and causing the trim button to stick in the UP position. I have located another control box with a good shifter handle and want to swap the two but I can not get the handle free from the control box. I have removed the 'allen head' bolt from the back but I can't get it to come loose. Is there something more I need to remove?

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 19
I have what I believe is a 77 Series OMC Control Box w/remote trim on my 85 Sylvan with an 85 Evinrude 90. The handle is cracked and causing the trim button to stick in the UP position. I have located another control box with a good shifter handle and want to swap the two but I can not get the handle free from the control box. I have removed the 'allen head' bolt from the back but I can't get it to come loose. Is there something more I need to remove?
Install a long 1/4*20 bolt into handle and wack it with somting like a hammer.

Put the Allen head bolt back in, then loosen it a turn or so. Now give the bolt a whack with a hammer and punch and the handle will pop off.

Back