Logo

Throttle Cable for B502A Tiller Handle?

captb

Contributing Member
Anybody got a clue how tough it is to swap out the two throttle cables on a tiller handle from the above motor?

One, or both, of the cables on mine broke yesterday.

Thanks in advance, B

I did read that, but it didn't give me much idea of the "threading the cable" so I did contact the person who started that thread. hopefully, I'll hear something back soon.

When you say pain, just because of "rerouting" the cables back through the handle?

Thanks, B

i don't either and i finally got my cables today (been enroute, according to the postal service website since last thursday). quick question, which slot/hole does each cable go into at the base of the handle itself. i pulled the cables from that last week to make sure a breakage was the diagnosis and now can't remember which one came out of which(!).

thanks, b

I just looked. The bottom slot is for the cable that pulls the throttle open, top is the one that pulls it closed. So, looking at the underside of the handle, the cable on the bottom comes out - and the throttle opens (while the top goes back towards the engine). Make sense?

i don't either and i finally got my cables today (been enroute, according to the postal service website since last thursday). quick question, which slot/hole does each cable go into at the base of the handle itself. i pulled the cables from that last week to make sure a breakage was the diagnosis and now can't remember which one came out of which(!).

thanks, b

Back