Logo

terminals get hot

wein1111

hi im new to this forum i have 94 evinrude 112 spl when i go to start it doesnt turn over real good and the terminals get hot any suggestion would help please thanks wein1111

Inspect the battery cables and terminals.----Also pull starter motor apart and inspect it.-----It may be shorted or just need new brushes installed.-----I install new brushes all the time ( $5.00 a set ) and that is easy to do.

Normally caused by a loose cable connections, tight but dirty cable connections, or internally corroded cables. Disconnect all cables/wires associated with the starter system, clean the terminal ends and also whatever component those cbales/wires connect to, then tighten them securely with a wrench or pliers... not fingers if wing nuts are encountered.

This includes the battery terminals themselves and also the ground at the powerhead.

Normally caused by a loose cable connections, tight but dirty cable connections, or internally corroded cables. Disconnect all cables/wires associated with the starter system, clean the terminal ends and also whatever component those cbales/wires connect to, then tighten them securely with a wrench or pliers... not fingers if wing nuts are encountered.

This includes the battery terminals themselves and also the ground at the powerhead.
thanks for the ideas i'll try them and get back to you later on how it worked out thanks wein

Back