Logo

TAMD 41A Tach Alternator Driven and presents problems

bobt

Contributing Member
I keep burning the alternator because of the stupid way it's wired to the system. The Tach runs off the alternator, and any interruption of elect while engine is running will cook the alternator. I obviously just mannaged to cook the starb eng's alternator because the knife connector slipped off the switch... NO more TACH indications. Does anyone know who to fix this alternator without sending it in or buying a new one? This is the second time I've had to have it repaired/replaced.

Thanks,
BobT

PS: been gone for a good while, had my e-mail account highjacked and lost everything, sorry I haven't answered yall,

Bayou Bob

Where Ya been? Bring it to Bean in Thibodeaux. He will fix you up. No signs on his place. Corner of 308 and St Patrick Highway. (next to huddle house, old shed looking building)

Thanks Glen,
I'll strap it to my bike, or put in saddle bags and bring it over there. Frist I'll swap it out with the port eng alt cause I got to pull the velvet drive and change the pump, so it'll be down anyway. Mean while, I can still crank up the Starb engine and wash them damn lillies down da bayou to Bourg and Montegut.

Thanks again,
Bayou Bob TheRiot

Back