Logo

Switch Box

sullybe

Contributing Member
I have been pricing a switch b

I have been pricing a switch box for my 1978 merc 115. I have found a switch box by CDI Electronics #114-2986 that is the switch box and coil in one unit. Has anyone used one of these and how well do they work??

Thanks Dan

"Dan,

We have sold a number

"Dan,

We have sold a number of those, but I don't have direct experience with them. Someone else here might. Here is a link to that part on our our site and from that page we have links to the installation and troubleshooting guide in case you haven't seen those.

<center>CDI part 114-2986</center>

Thanks."

"Dan,

I have not used one o

"Dan,

I have not used one of those units yet, but would never hesitate to use any CDI products.

Mercury sells CDI products for many of their older outboards, including the Force line.

I believe that this Switch Box is one of these items. If you ordered one from Mercury the only diffference is that it would cost a lot more.

These products are, in my opinion, superior to original equipment.

Tony"

I put one on my 89 150 XR4 las

I put one on my 89 150 XR4 last year and have had no problems. Boatfix.com was the cheapest i found.

Thanks for the feed back on th

Thanks for the feed back on the switch box. Once I know for sure this is the problem I will go with the new type CDI unit.

Dan

"Completely agree with Tony. I

"Completely agree with Tony. I have used CDI's boxes, stators and coils and thus far no one has ever complained to me that any installed gave up on them..."

Back