boatAddiction
New member
Not being really experienced with outboards, but not (so) stupid, I have been trying to make my engine perform well at high RMP, but I have failed.
Happens that my Suzuki DT40 (1990), which is (was) in quite good shape starts 100% successfully and works perfectly at low RPM.
However, it fails after some point when I push the throttle; seems like missing fuel or something like that.
I have ensured new/clean gasoline, new filter, new plugs, and have even connected a straight tube from tank to engine, but unfortunately did not help the performance at high RPM. Note here in Sweden the water is ranging in the low 40 F.
Question 1: if could be the PUMP before the carburetor. (how could I test the pump?).
Question 2: could be the carburetor itself? (even if it works at low RMP?)
Any help will be really appreciated!
Happens that my Suzuki DT40 (1990), which is (was) in quite good shape starts 100% successfully and works perfectly at low RPM.
However, it fails after some point when I push the throttle; seems like missing fuel or something like that.
I have ensured new/clean gasoline, new filter, new plugs, and have even connected a straight tube from tank to engine, but unfortunately did not help the performance at high RPM. Note here in Sweden the water is ranging in the low 40 F.
Question 1: if could be the PUMP before the carburetor. (how could I test the pump?).
Question 2: could be the carburetor itself? (even if it works at low RMP?)
Any help will be really appreciated!

