My 1992 200hp Merc. had been sitting up for 6 years while I was overseas. First I changed the
gas,oil,gear oil, water/fuel seperator then I started for about 30 sec before dying out. Then I had to
clean the gunk out of the fuel lines, and started for another 30 sec.before dying. Now there is oil
coming out of the sm. oil tank (which is hooked to the auto tanks) on top of the engine. I am thinking
That the carbs must have had gunk in them and clogged up something that is now forcing itself out of
the oil tank, I think Ill clean carbs next ? anyone had this problem ?
Thanks
G.Dano
gas,oil,gear oil, water/fuel seperator then I started for about 30 sec before dying out. Then I had to
clean the gunk out of the fuel lines, and started for another 30 sec.before dying. Now there is oil
coming out of the sm. oil tank (which is hooked to the auto tanks) on top of the engine. I am thinking
That the carbs must have had gunk in them and clogged up something that is now forcing itself out of
the oil tank, I think Ill clean carbs next ? anyone had this problem ?
Thanks
G.Dano

