Logo

starter problem

ciscokid

Regular Contributor
my johnson 185,1985 model,the starter keeps spinning the engine after i turn ignition off.my friend said he did something to the wiring and i hae no idea what he did.never had problem before,any suggestions are welcome.

Could also be the starter solenoid. Or the key switch. Please check with a multimeter. This could happen if you start the engine with an almost empty battery.

Thanks,I put my battery on the charger and it was only about 25%.He said he didnt mess with ignition wiring,But he messede with wiring on solenoid.

Thanks guys!!He told me he didnt mess with ignition wiring,well he is liar and i told him so.a couple of wires were switched around.Why he would do that is beyond me,but i can tell you one thing for shure is that he wiill never borrow my boat again.Its hard to findgood friends now days.Thanks again!!

I usually dont loan out my boat,him and i have been friends for 30 years and have used each others boats from time to time.What really makes me mad is him not telling me the truth!!!

Back