Logo

stabalizer se hydrofoil stabilizer

eastcoastitalian

Contributing Member
looking at buying an XE hydrofoil stabilizer for my penta 275a was just curious if anyone had put one of these on their penta and if it fit on the cavitation plate with no issues?also was there any difference in performance.any info would be helpful.thanks

Re: stabalizer

update on this post since no one responded went ahead and installed one of these anyway.very pleased with the results.only issue in installing it was that its a universal fit,but not for the penta 275 so with a small grinder i shave a small bit off each side of the opening on it,which the manufactuer says will not void the waranty of the product.i gained about an extra 5 mph.,big improvement on planning"almost with no effort",and the turns you can make are amazing,the boat will turn on a dime and almost fish tail all the way around at wot.which will be alot of fun to throw someone on a tube off the back off the boat.it went for around $60.00 at west marine and as you can see in the pics.you can get it in white to match the volvo.keep in mind this is a 19ft.2400lb. boat with a bb140 so i'm sure the less weight your boat is the performance would probably be even better.just thought i'd share some info on this,i know i've seen many complaints on here about some of the old volvos taking forever to get on a plane. sorry working on getting pics.they won't post?

Last edited:
Eastcoastitalian,

Thanks for the follow-up info on your post. That's good to hear that worked and the ware a performance gain.

What happens when you try to post pictures? You can email them to me and I will post them here if you want [email protected]

I'm not sure which one you bought, but it was probably this one SE Sport 300

yes,it is the se sport 300,will email you the pics. in a few minutes,the problem was'nt with the site,i emailed myself the pics from my cell phone and whatever format i saved them in won't let me post them,when i go to add image and scroll through my pics it does'nt even show them,but when i log off and browse through my pics. they are there?idon't know? i'm sure its something on my end though.

Here are the photos from eastcoastitalian.

Looks good!

hydro1.jpg hydro2.jpg

Back