Logo

Spark plug wires

walster

Contributing Member
engine is a V/P 130c have inst

engine is a V/P 130c have installed a new Pertronics kit and a new flame thrower coil.I would like to complete the update with new wire set can anybody advise me what type is best suited and where to order from?

"Walter, there are so called a

"Walter, there are so called aftermarket "marine version" wires available for this engine, but I replaced the plug wires on my 130C 3-4 years ago with a set of wires I bought at a local auto parts store for less than half the price of the so-called marine ones. Sorry, I don't have the Bosch part number I bought, but I do know they were medium priced Bosch wires. I just took a couple of the old wires into the store with me and then opened boxes on the shelf until I found a set that would work. The set I bought was for a 6 cylinder car, so now I have a couple spares.
happy.gif
"

"Thanks for the quick response

"Thanks for the quick response Bob, I wonder if the peaple at Pertronics have the wires that best match up ??? I want to order them but want the correct sizes for that engine, meaning both length and diameter also one end of them is at 90 degrees. The ones on it now I think are original so its time to change them .Will the coil wire come with the set? Soon the snow will be off the ground,time to roll up the sleve,s and I can hardly wait!
biggrin.gif
...Walt"

"Pertonix does make spark plug

"Pertonix does make spark plug wires--not sure how you would go about matching them in terms of length, etc. to what the AQ130C needs. The Bosch set I got did include the coil wire. I've seen some sets that do have it and others don't. I got my boat more or less mechanically ready for the season last weekend...supposed to be in the low 80's here this weekend...may go out for a cruise."

Back