Logo

Small two-stroke impeller changes

boatbear

Hi,

There is no real change interval given for the impeller in the tune-up manual for the older (90's) two strokes. All it says is "some people swear by replacing it every season". It does, however, specify to replace the o-rings/gaskets along with the impeller. Since I can't find part numbers for those, it would mean changing the whole water pump assembly every year. How do you handle this? Just open, change impeller, close? Or are these rubber o-rings standard rings somehow?

Thanks!
Mike

Go to the parts catalogs on this site

Select the Engine Diagrams tab above, Enter your model number, or navigate via year and hp to the parts diagrams for your engine.

You will find all the water pump parts on the "gearcase" page

There may be a water pump overhaul kit listed, which will contain the impeller and all the other parts parts you may need to replace.

Oh, the o-rings do indeed have part-numbers! Tehey are way to expensive to get, though. Including shipping to Europe I can buy a whole pump kit. So I would only change these rings if there was damage and replace the impeller alone as long as it looks fine? How do you guys go about it?

Last edited:
Oh, the o-rings do indeed have part-numbers! Tehey are way to expensive to get, though. Including shipping to Europe I can buy a whole pump kit. So I would only change these rings if there was damage and replace the impeller alone as long as it looks fine? How do you guys go about it?

I am in UK

I order the parts I need from Outboards-Direct ( aka Oakley Marine) http://www.outboards-direct.co.uk/
They will supply you wherever you are in Europe or the world. Marine Engine wont ship outside the US!

If you fill in the on line enquiry you will get a call back to check all the details ..... Be sure to have the model number to hand.

Why not fill in your location in your profile

also always quote engine details including the model number in any future questions

Last edited:
Back