Logo

shifting cable

mikey43

Regular Contributor
boat shop is puting a new 350 long block in my 97 baja new carb. they said want idle said it needs a new shifting cable!!! dont make sense to me but i dont know!!! what do yall think??? thanks for yalls input.:confused:

Well tell them oem, i think about a 100 bucks.

Mine is a 86 still works as new, friends merc i / o is a 93 still works as new.

I can go on and one, Steering cable i understand but the shift cable i don't know.

You mean the lower cable ? That goes sooner.

chief dont know just said cant get it to idle needs a new shift cable. he is a good boat tech 25+ exper i dont know thanks chief which one would afect the idle?????

The throttle cable. Well maybe it makes sense to have all new cables.

My 13 year old daughter is at camp down y'alls way. Near Austin and the crew went on a national parks expedition i think 5 national parks in 3 weeks or maybe more i forget.

My brother lives in Waxahatcie, one married niece with a a new baby in Houstin and another married niece near Dallas.

Thanks Mikey.

thanks dockside i just cant understand it but that makes sense, i am about 100 miles north of dallas chief and about 5 hours north of austin hope they r havin fun in this 100+ days.

Won't idle so needs a new shift cable?!! I don't think we're getting all the info here. Too many possibilities to even speculate without more info. What kind of drive? So engine ran fine on floor prior to install on boat (they did do that right?)? Runs fine in boat with cables and drive off? Are we talking idle in gear or neutral?..........

see that part i dont know in gear or in nuetral, all they said was have promblems with it idle!! drive is alpha 1 gen 2!!!

wish i knew more. i will find out more monday.

ok that was what it was dockside lower cable when they put in gear would not idle two tight!! good two go now thanks mike.

Back