Logo

Serial number A198175 year unknown Mercury 75hp 4cyl 2 stroke outboard

yardboater

New member
New to this forum and hoped I could get some info. My serial number plate has only the serial number A198175. No year or other info except made in wisconsin. Looking for all ref. material Maintenance and repair as well as parts guides. I would like to replace/rebuild the fuel pump and the thermostat and the water pump. Check the lower unit oil and service it as well. Have looked in several manuals but none have seemed to be my motor. for 1. I can't find the thermostat housing. 2. I have the triangular fuel pump and parts to rebuild 3. The zink co pilot is missing so i need it and the bolts to hold it in. 4. My lower unit only has one screw in it and it says "Vent" embossed above it so when I remove the lower unit to repair the water pump. How do i service the rest of the unit? Sorry for the long post just sort of frustrated hoped to be fishing now not working on a boat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 
Your motor is a 1986 model.----Need to install a new water pump impeller before your first boat trip.-----I do not believe there is a thermostat on these models !----You just have to look for the drain screw because it is there on the bottom !
 
Thanks to all! I will start with water pump impeller have watched several videos. one of which is my engine. Any one have a good replacement for the the different lubes. Cant find 2-4-c anywhere. And what type of lubercant goes back into my lower unit?
 
Back
Top