Logo

Rollon Bedliner on floor of boat

oilguy

Contributing Member
The carpet in my boat is getti

The carpet in my boat is getting pretty worn and I never liked the way is holds water... I know that is going to cause issues... Has anyone covered their floor with roll on bed liner paint? I found that it comes in many colors including white...
I just ordered two kits (white) for my boat and I am going to put it in tomorrow if it doesn't rain...

Let me know your experience with this stuff and what to look out for....
OG
 
good idea have a good non shid

good idea have a good non shid grip.
I have actually heard of people painting a whole pickup with that stuff. So it keeps paint from scratching through in the woods
 
"Well........
Floor had soft


"Well........
Floor had soft spots in it
angry.gif
So I have been trying to deal with that....
I ripped out the rest of the interior and patched the spots and put new plywood in the floor...(not fun but turned out looking really good)
I sealed up all the seams around the edges and smoothed them out.... I started fiberglassing over the plywood and I should have that finished to tomorrow and then I am going to apply the bed liner/nonskid paint.....

I also decided to pull out the interior sides and replace those as well... I really hate it when one thing leads to another and after you know it >> It has completely overwhelmed you! (thats where I am now)

Oilguy"
 
"When you have time, post some

"When you have time, post some pictures (please).

Carpet and wet/soaked plywood is such a common problem in American boats, so an alternative fix (that works) to glassfiber is always good to have on the list."
 
"Here is an attached picture

"Here is an attached picture

OG
84845.jpg
Roll in bedliner for flooring"">

Boat is a bit messy... Just got back from the lake... Floor is very comfortable on bare feet and looks great..."
 
"Thanks.
Looks REALLY good!!!


"Thanks.
Looks REALLY good!!!! Congrats!

You sort of gave me some inspiration here. Have the famous carpet, but so far managed to keep the boat dry on the inside.

What brand of the bed-liner did you use (and from where/how much $$$)? How many gallons (if any) did it take to cover the inside like that?"
 
Thanks...
I used "Gatorgr


Thanks...
I used "Gatorgrip" brand and it was $62.50 per "Kit"... It is a 2 part kit that has a thick textured part and the thinner that makes it spreadable.... It took 2 kits (or 1 gallon total) to get really good thick coverage... It comes in Black Red or White and I was told that it would yellow a bit over time >> But that is ok with me... My boat is off white anyway as you can see by the motor cover.
I bought the bed liner paint from a local auto paint store but I found that you can get it from most auto parts stores but they will probably have to order the white >>> most of their business is black.
If I had it to do again I would!! >> just don't use silicon because it is hard to get it to cover and look good... which is partly why it took 2 coats but having to put two coats let me get pretty liberal with it and make it look better.

I just got an old 65 ChrisCraft wood boat but I am not going to use it in that one... I think I am going to put a varnished wood floor with a non skid layer of crushed walnut shells or glass bead(blasting media)in the final coat.
 
"Does the bedliner material se

"Does the bedliner material seem to get hotter than other options? I know plenty of people that never have shoes on while in a boat, especially kids."
 
Not hot at all... that is prim

Not hot at all... that is primarily why I choose white. Everyone goes bare foot in our too so that was important....
 
Back
Top