Logo

Restoring Parts

kat69

Regular Contributor
Hello.
I am currently building up a supply of 'out of stock' parts for outboard engines. I currently have the impeller and pump case (no stainless cup required) for the Tohatsu 55B, 50C, 60A and 70A2. I am currently working on the plate and lower pump half. I also have the impeller for the smaller M6A, M8A and M9.8A.
My request to everyone out there is if you have a part that you think can be recast and you can not get it from any suppliers, please pm me. If I do not have the part and it seems like a viable part to recast, I can do my best at restoring your part and I will send back a working, urethane copy at no cost to you except postage. That way, you get a working unit as well as a contact to purchase more in the future, and it gives me the opportunity to make a mold of the part so I can increase my inventory. I work with silicon, urethane (can be made as soft as jelly or as hard as a bowling ball), resin, fiberglass and carbon fiber. This offer is not confined to boat parts as I like the thought of keeping old machinery running. Old motorbikes, vintage cars, the lot. As long as the part is not made by the original manufacturer, therefor no copyright issues, I am happy to recast it.
I hope I can help you in the future.

Best regards,
Scott (kat69)

Hello, I know this is a longshot not sure if your still around. But I recently purchased a Tohatsu M70A 1989
And i want a water pump kit.
I can get the impellor all day OEM (or so the dealer says)
But would like to replace the housings and gaskets.
Would you be able to help me?

Back