Logo

Resistance and voltage test of the Mariner 4-cylinder, 100 hp 1993.

Javier Mellado

-Hello, can anyone help me? I need to check if the CDI and regulator / rectifier are in good condition.:confused:
Engine number:0C172019

-Check the stator resistance values and they are out of range.

Values according to user manual:
Red-Red White: 90-140 Ohms
Blue-Blue White: 6800-7600 (90-140) Ohms
Yellow-yellow: 17-19 Ohms

Resistance values obtained:
Red-Red White: 110.7 Ohms :cool:
Blue-blue white: O.L :(
Yellow-yellow: 0.5 Ohms:(

Defective stator:eek:

-I have a question with the resistive values ​​that CDIelectronics.com delivers with respect to the Power pack. Could someone help me verify it?

-Regarding the regulator / rectifier I need if someone can help me with the resistance values ​​please because in the user manual they are not.

147371551_1125472277902134_139186342239049980_o.jpgCDI.jpgCDI resistance values.jpgRectifier  regulator.jpgRectifier  regulator resistance values.jpgAlternative CDIelectronic.com Product.jpg

Whats the motor doing or not doing.....if it starts and runs the low speed side(bl/bl-wht) is good, if it runs thru entire RPM range to WOT its good. The yellow wire are in spec. Use the OEM manual spec as I dont put much faith in the CDI products anymore.

100 spec.JPG

This boat belongs to my friend and he told me that it sailed with the battery terminals loose and in the end the engine ran out of spark in the cylinders

A DVA meter would give you far more relevant info. I bought an attachment for my ohm meter on Amazon for about 30 bucks that works wonders!

Jeff

Back