Logo

Rear motor supportboot

kainon

Advanced Contributor
"I did one, it was easy, to gi

"I did one, it was easy, to give you an idea, (sorry it's been a few years) remove the screws from the boat on the outside of the boot ring, move the metal ring out of the way(no need to take it off), then pull the boot away from the boat, you'll see a big clamp, loosen that then pull the boot off, then put the new boot on, try not to rip it on the skeg or any other sharp objects, you may want to get some bellows adhesive or some 3M 3200."

"Thankyou guys very much, I wi

"Thankyou guys very much, I will be taking the boat to some locals to see about the stringers. The boot that I have on there is both squared and round.... It has 4 flat/staight sides that run roughly 6-8inches long and after each straight piece it rounds to the next straight piece. Its not a complete cirlce and not a complete square, but thankyou for quick responses. Thanks Dave"

"^^^ that's the $123 part.

"^^^ that's the $123 part. luckily

The other, no longer available type is completely round. A perfect circle."

"Ebay has the boots, and ebasi

"Ebay has the boots, and ebasicpower.com has the boots alot cheaper. Count the screws that hold the boot on. 22 or 16. Order the boot online.

Ok tilt the motor all the way up and remove the boot. watch how it comes off. You can pull it off the drive no need to remove the drive.

And you can install the new one the same way, look for the arrow on the new boot it goes down on the bottom pointing to the floor.

Use 3m 5200 sealant can be purchased, at any auto store, or even wal-mart."

"Thanks again guys really appr

"Thanks again guys really appriciate all the input and help. I will be able to get to it this week so ill let you know how things go thanks again,
Dave"

I've seen the round ones o

I've seen the round ones on e-bay. The same type as on my ancient OMC Drive. $65.00 buy it now.....

"Sorry, Hy Stat...it was a lit

"Sorry, Hy Stat...it was a little while ago.... I didnt buy it, because I didnt need it. I guess I should've.
S."

"I took the boat over to mecha

"I took the boat over to mechanic and he said the stringers are fine its just one of the supports. The boot does leak, and I will be fixing it soon. I took the boat on the lake to try it out and it did great, the only thing though is when I have it above 2000 rpm the boat wants to veir to the left and if I let go of the steering wheel it turns itself really fast to the left.. any suggestions on what or why this is happening?????? thanks again.
David"

"The Manual says at engine spe

"The Manual says at engine speed ( WOT ? ) turn both ways hard over, and see which side requires the least effort.
Move the Anode the same way, slightly.
Run again, and repeat, till equal.
Sounds like his is way off under full power."

Another thing to try is trimmi

Another thing to try is trimming the drive up a bit (not tilt) if it's all the way down it can cause this along with the trim tab on the lower unit.

Back