Logo

Quicksilver shifterthrottle control with trim for twin out boards

wintys

"Quicksilver shifter/throttle

"Quicksilver shifter/throttle control with trim for twin out boards
Anyone know where I might find an Instruction manual,
Diagram of some kind to put a Quicksilver shifter/throttle control
Back together?
I took it apart to clean and lube, it was corroded, couldn’t push the throttle warm up buttons in and it was gritty.
I can probably put it back together but it will be a lot of trial and error doing it.
An Instruction manual would really help.
Twin 1996 250 Mariners pushing a 31’ Fountain CC
Thanks for any help or info you can give. Wintys
Twin 1996 250 Mariners"

"Ok. We have the taking apart

"Ok. We have the taking apart and putting back together down pat, now I need a few part anybody know where to find parts for Quicksilver shifter/ throttle controls???"

"You should first check with a

"You should first check with a Merc dealer - that will be your best hope for finding what you need. If the parts you are after have been "discontinued", they should at least be able to give you the part numbers so you can start a search for anyone with "old stock"..."

"Thanks Graham, I did check wi

"Thanks Graham, I did check with a few Mercury QuickSilver dealers and other Boat places. A couple of them told me the parts aren’t sold separately for the Q- Silver. Others just wanted to sale me something new, ($ 500.00) to ($ 800.00) plus new cables.
I did go to the Auto parts store and found two springs, I put one inside the other and made close to the same thing, the QS’s aren’t stainless anyway.
Never did find some kind of parts diagram on this thing, Guess there some kind of secret.
Just winged it with a few prays and the starboard control to copy and rebuilt both of them, lubed them up with some super grease from Johnson and they both are working like new?.
I epoxy’ed the trim switch cover back on without cleaning the switches up or checking connections, that will probable Bit me later.
Thanks for your response and help Winston"

Back