Logo

Quick question

Ayuh,... Agreed,.... The 470 is Merc's redheaded bastard step-child they wish they could forget,.....

Thanks guys, I know very well the 470 has it's issues, but mine is dead & I would really like to get my boat back up and running for this summer. this will be a temporary fix while I look for a 4.3 to replace it. Thanks for the input.

Reddman

I have seen over the last year or so at least on my local craigslist a couple complete and running 3.7/470's

look there. Not sure where you live but I will keep an eye out for one

Thanks guys, I know very well the 470 has it's issues, but mine is dead & I would really like to get my boat back up and running for this summer. this will be a temporary fix while I look for a 4.3 to replace it. Thanks for the input.
Mercruiser built 4.3 TKS Complete drop in with 3-4 hours on it $3500.00

Thanks guy's, I've got a line on a 19' Searay with the 470 for cheap with a nice E-Z loader trailer and a good outdrive. The fellow is suppose to be home this weekend from work. He's asking $800 OBO. Don't think I can go wrong for that price.

kghost, I am on the west coast in Washington state. Mainly fish the Columbia river & crab and fish the San Juan Islands.

Reddman, at $1,900 for that engine, or $800 for the engine that is close to you...... keep in mind that it is very likely to develope issues with:

..... the proprietary charging system
..... the seal between the camshaft area and the Circulating Pump impeller area
..... warpage at cover for the same area
..... starter motor issues in that this is a proprietary starter motor
..... and other potential issues as well

These lived a short life in Merc's line of engines!

00V0V_9nCxxuPC5Wz_600x450.jpg

We'll see what happens after I get a chance to inspect the boat. If the engine checks out I should be able to recover most of the cost selling the trailer. The owner was in Reno working & is suppose to be home this weekend.

Back