Whidbey Island Cruiser
New member
This is a quite used "project" 1989-ish 305 engine, 280 VP outdrive.
I started it today, and suddenly a fair amount of smoky exhaust and water squirting in the bilge.
Shut it down, got in there to look around; discover a hole right in the middle body of the starboard manifold Boot.
I could stick my little finger in there. A little flap of rubber adjacent to the hole -- like it had been shot,- not even a crack.
Is this sort of common in older projects?
I started it today, and suddenly a fair amount of smoky exhaust and water squirting in the bilge.
Shut it down, got in there to look around; discover a hole right in the middle body of the starboard manifold Boot.
I could stick my little finger in there. A little flap of rubber adjacent to the hole -- like it had been shot,- not even a crack.
Is this sort of common in older projects?

