Logo

Question on Ownershop manual

artic429

Is there a web site that i can

Is there a web site that i can go to to look at a manual online instead of buying a manual to look at just one time?

Seloc does have an online serv

Seloc does have an online service for some of their manuals. I think you buy a 1 year subscription and can access pdf files of the pages. selocmarine.com

"Seloc has an online manual at

"Seloc has an online manual at http://www.selocmarine.com/seloc_online/ it costs around $30 for three years access. The manual is all web browser driven, not PDF. However, there are PDF files for the wiring diagrams. I was able to locate my 1990 Ford Cobra engine and all wiring & Trim/tilt diagrams. When you subscribe you can also get part numbers for some but not all parts you may need."

"If you're looking to purc

"If you're looking to purchase one, you want the real deal, a OMC factory service manual. What year are you looking for? I have one for 1982-1986 Stringer drives up for grabs. It not brand new but in great condition."

I have the Cobra outdrive. The

I have the Cobra outdrive. The year of the outdrive is a 1988(but actually a 1987 from what i hear) also. I would like to get the real deal OMC book for that specific year too.Keep a look out for something along them lines.

LOL. You aint kiddin about the

LOL. You aint kiddin about the 1988 being expensive. well any way here is the model number off the outdrive. 984543 Serial number is T0501986 Run off a 5.7 motor

"WOW! That is pretty expensive

"WOW! That is pretty expensive for a one time look. Bob's link is the gentleman I purchased my manual from. Nice guy, sells quality manuals. He may work a deal for you, mine was brand new and just had a few dirty thumb prints on it. I think he took $15 off."

"984543 is the drive for a 198

"984543 is the drive for a 1987 5.7, I don't think he had 87's manual's listed, check back with him or send him an email to let him know your looking for one."

"It's a secret <[img]"htt

"It's a secret
proud.gif

Actually I had bought one of those generic CD's a while ago for around $6 off eBay, good for some general info but not as good my factory manual (a lot lighter to carry around though) anyway it has a section that lists all the drive models by size and year."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
lol.gif

Yeah, I get it now. With this project im in right now, its not a bad piece of information to have close at hand. I also shot that guy on Ebay a message too to see what he has to offer."

"When I started my project abo

"When I started my project about 4 yrs ago I bought the Seloc manual on Ebay. It's #3404 and covers 86-98 OMC Stern Drives. When I started using these forums all I read (really just on that OTHER forum) is "throw away the Seloc and get a factory manual". (most of those guys say "throw away your OMC drive too) Anyway, a couple months ago I decided to invest in the "Factory" Manual and found it on Ebay. I have to tell you the factory manual is about the most user unfriendly book I've ever read. Frustrating to try to find info when you need it. I'm sure if you were doing a major overhaul the page after page of step-by-step instructions would be good. Fortunatly I'm past all that type work for now. The Seloc is very easy to get around in and I have yet to find "bad info" in it like some claim. Plus the fact that it covers several year models is helpful to me because I've have done some mods that make my engine kind of a hybrid. Not saying the factory manual is bad, just saying the Seloc aint so bad either, IMHO.
By the way, my Seloc confirms 984543 is indeed a 1987 / 5.7."

"Thanks Marada, im gonna look

"Thanks Marada, im gonna look around for a seloc book and pick it up just to have. I imagine they aint too expensive and if that dont do the trick then ill shell up some bucks for the big book. I sent a pic to show you what i am up against so maybe that will give you an idea of what book i need to get"

"Won't tell you to get rid

"Won't tell you to get rid of your OMC because I would not be able to follow my own advice. Though I will tell you to grab the OMC Factory Manual the moment you find one. There are just so many of them left out there. Although reprints can be obtained, the price will make you think that an Ebay Factory Original is a bargain. You may not have had any problems with the Seloc, you will eventually. Just to let you know, I have them all including the CD. Personally, you can never have enough reference. Have fun with your OMC project. It has been an experience for me."

"Hey Bud, do you still have th

"Hey Bud, do you still have that manual? I e-mailed you, but haven't heard back yet. I have an 84 5.0 with the 800 stringer. I presume this manual is for that engine/outdrive."

Back