Logo

Question for Joe Reeves

dennis

Contributing Member
" Joe,

I have read in your

" Joe,

I have read in your many post to check the no oil
alarm on the VRO system just pinch off the oil supply line going to the VRO. I have a 1990 200hp Evinrude, powerhead just rebuilt, running oil in the tank as well. How long does it take to deplete the oil in the pump before the alarm sounds. The pump is fairly new, I waited at least 60 seconds after pinching off the line and the alarm never went off. Do I need to let it go longer? Is there another way to check the circuit?

Thanks

Dennis "

"Dennis.... Pertaining to havi

"Dennis.... Pertaining to having the "No Oil Every Other Second Beep" activated, sorry to say if there's another way to check that circuit, I'm not aware of it. I have encountered a few VRO setups whereas it took longer than 60 seconds to have the alarm sound though. Usually it was simply a case that I didn't have the oil line clamped tight enough or close enough to the engine.

Joe
"

" i have currently obtained th

" i have currently obtained the old motor that used to be on my boat and am reinstalling it, yet we did not label wires or remember the electronic setup. i have pretty much got it squared away except for 2 wires. one is the black wire coming from the cut-out vacumm switch that also goes to the points/condensers, and another black wire that goes straight to the points/condensers. i believe one is lower and one is the upper cylinder. my question is, do both these wires go to the key switch to supply power(+) when turned on? i dont have the original key switch. also, if this is the case, when i turn the key switch off, does that shut off the motor? Oh, by the way, the motor is a 1965 Evinrude Lark 40HP electric shift/electric start(#40563). i just want to be sure as to not damage anything. any assistance would be much appreciated. thank you. CRAIG V. "

"Craig.....

(MarineEngi

"Craig.....

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page where the various topics/questions are posted. Scroll down to the extreme bottom of that page.

There you will see a large button that is entitled "Start A New Conversation" or something of that nature. Click on that button and you will be able to have your post listed under your own topic which will be inserted at the top of the page. Simply copy and paste this misplaced post.

As it stands, your post is buried under someone elses topic which started at a prior date and/or time.

HINT: Click anywhere on that page whereas the click won't initiate anything, then hit your END key. That'll drop you to the bottom of the page immediately.

Joe
"

" Thanks Joe, I'll try it

" Thanks Joe, I'll try it again, and make sure I completely close off the supply line and give it a little longer than 60 seconds.

Denis "

Hi Joe: Have a 1999 90hp fitc

Hi Joe: Have a 1999 90hp fitch evinrude o/b
dealer pre-seasoned check everything fine. Got out on water(2hrs) worked great and after second trip motor just died but would start and idle FINE no noises or smoke or rough idle or warning lights but would quit when tried to give it gas.Dealer tells me no compression in one cylinder and have to have bebuild any tips on this condition!!!
Geo

Hi Joe Sorry there is only ab

Hi Joe Sorry there is only about 170hrs on this
motor dealer serviced and very well looked after

Back