Logo

Question for Joe 1969 Johnson 115

jay

" Joe,

I emailed you on Sun

" Joe,

I emailed you on Sunday with the starting problem on this motor. The compression is 125 all cylinders, I have spark on all, I checked and cleaned the fuel filter and know fuel is getting to that area. You advised me to see if the spark will jump 1/4 inch, it will. Battery is new. Still won't start. I have a Seloc manual, not sure what to check next. The motor will pop at times and maybe run for a second or so. "

jay you might to check the fl

jay you might to check the flywheel key to see if it is sheared off. if an engine has compression fuel and fire it will run as long as it is TIMED correctly. hope this helps.

Where oh where is the thermos

Where oh where is the thermostat on a 1992 johnson 115?

"N-Stalker, you should back up

"N-Stalker, you should back up to the first screen and go to the bottom. There is a button there to create your own subject. That new subject will be placed at the top of all the conversations in here. As long as we are here, I am not an expert on that motor but the first place I would check would be right at the top of the heads. There is usually a small cover and the thermostat us under there. ..... Unless your pretty sure you have found it after looking there you should wait for another reply ..... like I said im no expert on that particular motor."

Back