Logo

primer bulb not doing anything...

cgm0826

Hello all!

I just bought a Gamefisher 15hp (model 225.581503) and if the engine is cold I can only get it to start by putting gas directly into the cylinder through the spark plug hole. Once started it runs flawlessly and starts first pull once warmed up. I changed gear oil and cleaned the carb once i brought it home. So, since it runs fine I assume fuel pump and fuel lines are fine... I suspect its the primer bulb as pressing it once is recommended for cold start. I disconnected the line from the carb and when I press the primer bulb I don't feel any suction(if that's what it is supposed to do?) or anything. I attached a pic of the bulb I am referring to.

Thank you!

IMG_0176.jpg

Try pushing it in and holding it in ----Do this 3 times.-----And you have filled the carburetor with the manual pump ( bulb ) on the hose ???

Try pushing it in and holding it in ----Do this 3 times.-----And you have filled the carburetor with the manual pump ( bulb ) on the hose ???
Yea. When I give a little blow on the tubing that connects the engine primer I see the fuel squirt up into the carb like it’s supposed to when I press the engine primer. I’ve come to the conclusion mine is just old and probably not working. New primer coming today in the mail.

Thanks for reply.

Back